I love to read. Mostly I use Audible.com because my travel and exercise schedule make it easy for me to squeeze in as many books as possible. Every year I have a couple stand out books that I enjoy gifting to key advisors and mentors as a token of my gratitude for their help and advice over the year. 2015 was a great year for reading and there were so many great books that I had a tough time making my selection. While there were many stand-outs last year the two that topped my list were:
- “Sapiens; a Brief History of Humankind“, by Harari
- “The Master Switch: The Rise and Fall of Information Empires” by Wu.
Excellent reads! Both were mind bending. These books changed how I think about human nature, the nature of “progress” and the macroeconomics of business empires.
Here are some other great books from last year that stand out in my memory:
- “Elon Musk” by Vance
- “The Snowball” by Schroeder
- “Leonardo’s Brain” by Shlain
- “Zealot” by Azlan – wow, this was unexpected!
- “Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t” by Sinek – good read–it’s basically USMC–not as outstanding as “Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Action”, but still a good read.
I hope you enjoy the reads. Please let me know your best reads of 2015 too.